Home Church – May 17-June 7
What Exactly is a Home Church?
A Home Church is a group of people that meet in-person to participate in our online worship service, build community, and encourage each other in their faith.
During Phase 1 of our Together Again plan, Bro. Ross will be preaching on each chapter of the book of 1 John. He will interact with your group with several discussion questions that your group can discuss briefly after the sermon. We will also provide Bro. Ross’ discussion questions in advance.
When Can Your Group Meet?
There will be two opportunities on Sundays for you to join with your family and friends for online worship May 17-June 7. You can watch at discoverfirst.com/weekend, Youtube, or on Facebook beginning Sunday, May 17, at 9:00 AM and 10:30 AM (identical services).
Who Can Host?
Anyone can host a Home Church. You don’t need any experience, you just need to have a heart for people, open your home, provide a snack, have the tech necessary to show the worship service, and tell your friends. We do encourage you to have a TV or monitor that you can connect to for the live stream.
5 Tips To Help Your Group
- Ensure there is plenty of comfortable seating – Imagine sitting to watch an inspiring event filled with amazing performers and speakers…but all you can think about is how uncomfortable you are because there isn’t enough room for everyone! Don’t let this happen at your home. Make sure that everyone will have enough space to enjoy the event comfortably. (Bean bag chairs and cozy couches are recommended but not required!)
- Check your connection beforehand – Make sure you check your cables and connections before your group arrives. You don’t want to have a room full of disappointed event goers if the tv or cables won’t work! This tip will help ensure that your event goes off without a hitch. If you need help setting anything up, we have a team ready to assist you. Simply call the church and we can have a Tech volunteer come to your home and help get everything set up, or walk you through it on the phone.
- Clean your watching area – Make sure your home is as clean as possible before guests arrive.
- Discuss the sermon after it is over – We will give you a few small group questions for discussion after the service. It won’t take long but will be great to strengthen the relationship of your small group.
- Eat (optional) – Serve up easy-to-make breakfast snacks or lunch or have each one bring something. Offering a few snacks and beverages is a great way to ensure that everyone is comfortable and ready to listen to the worship service.
As we seek to respond wisely during this time, we have tried to create a wise plan that will enable you to reach out to friends and neighbors. This will also prepare us all to come back excited to worship and serve even stronger than before. So, if you are symptom free, please consider hosting your small group or a Home Church with some friends and neighbors. This really is an opportunity for us to bring life to our church family and greater community.
If you are willing to host a group or if you have any questions email Norman Flowers at firstname.lastname@example.org.