The Childcare employee will assist with childcare needs. Prepare a welcoming Christian environment for our youngest members to feel safe when in our rooms. Communicate with parents and teach our children God’s love.
Expectations and Responsibilities
- Work under the direction of the Children’s Minister or Associate.
- Lead children in spiritual formation as disciples of Jesus Christ.
- Provide encouragement and care to each of our children.
- Represent the Lord and First Baptist Church.
- Hours will vary from week to week.
- Go through the application and screening process.
- Arrive on time and prepared for the day.
- Dress appropriately and comfortably to be able to interact with the children.
- The Main responsibility is all toileting/diaper changing in your room and the maintaining of diaper/toileting sheets to give to the parents at pick-up time.
- Share responsibilities in your room including, but not limited to, setting up and cleaning the room, both prior and after each teaching session.
- Assist volunteer teachers (or be ready to teach the lesson yourself) when the lesson is given by helping to settle children down into a listening environment.
- Communicate with classroom volunteers. You are part of a team.
- Follow all Policies and Procedures including but not limited to policies concerning health, hygiene, room cleaning procedure, safety, and security.
- Scheduling for employees for upcoming events will be on an as-needed basis.
- Employees are not guaranteed a set schedule or a specific number of hours of work in any given week.
- Infractions will be given if these policies and procedures are not followed.
- After 3 infractions you may no longer be scheduled to work in the Preschool
- Childcare experience needed
- CPR/First Aid training preferred
Submit completed applications to firstname.lastname@example.org