The Headmaster is responsible to the church for supervising the overall operations of the First Baptist Christian School, this includes the Child Development Center (CDC), Elementary School, and Middle School. First Baptist Christian School is a ministry of First Baptist Marble Falls.
The First Baptist Christian School Headmaster shall be employed by First Baptist Christian School, but will also serve as a support staff liaison for the First Baptist Church ministerial staff.
- Must be a born again Christian
- Must feel that God has called them to Christian school ministry
- Shall be the spiritual leader of First Baptist Christian School.
Qualifications and Education
- Headmaster shall meet the administrative accreditation standard for appropriate training and experience as set by the Accrediting Commission of Texas Association of Baptist Schools (ACTABS)
- The Headmaster must have a master’s degree with appropriate training (Graduate course work in school administration) and experience in school administration; or the head of administrator and/or principals who lack a master’s degree must have a minimum of a bachelor’s degree, three years of teaching experience, fifteen or more semester hours of training in school administration, and an active plan for achieving an appropriate master’s degree to meet this deficiency. This deficiency plan should include a minimum of three (3) semester hours of graduate school credit in school administration to be earned annually for five (5) years.
General Duties and Requirements
- Shall be an active and visibly involved Member of First Baptist Church Marble Falls
- Shall work close with the Church’s Children’s Ministry and Children’s Minister
- Must interface effectively with the School Board, keeping the school board president aware of any concerns and helping the Board with policy-making and financial management
- Shall have experience in preparing school budgets, dedicated to keeping spending within the budget, and aware of any accounts that are delinquent or behind
- Shall supervise the First Baptist Christian School Financial Administrator
- Shall supervise the Parent-Teacher-Fellowship (PTF), athletic finances, and dispersion of scholarship funds
- Shall meet with the School Board to provide competitive tuition and fee rates
- Must consistently and faithfully watch the wait list and inquiry calls for students who may want to enroll in the CDC, Elementary, or Middle School
- Shall schedule, along with CDC Directors, interviews and tours for new families
- Supervises marketing and advertising of the school to increase enrollment
- Shall be familiar with K-8th curriculum and instruction
- Shall supervise K-8th grade teachers and staff
- Should have knowledge regarding accreditation requirements
- Should stay current with Minimum standards for CDC (infants through 4-year old)
- Supervise the CDC Director and Assistant Director
- Oversee the hiring and termination of staff
- Shall help the CDC leadership stay consistent with staffing
- Willing to terminate an employee, if necessary, after taking proper documented rationale
- Must organize and plan in advance schools events, calendars, schedules, teacher in-service meetings, professional development, evacuation plans, equipment/playground supervision
- Shall supervise the ordering of textbooks, materials and equipment as needed
- Must oversee the direction, location, and planning of the yearly School Gala
- Must have adequate communication and relational skills
- Shall provide frequent communication to School Board, parents, teachers/staff, and Church Staff.
- Must understand and be willing to work with a shared Facility. First Baptist Church Marble Falls has many ministries, meetings, and Bible Studies that share this facility.
- Shall prepare a monthly report, on activities of the school and present them to the church.
Please email completed application and/or resume to:
President, FBCS Board of Trustees